High Wycombe, January 2014 – Biffa Group (“Biffa”), the UK’s leading integrated waste management company, today announced an agreement to acquire the commercial waste business of PHS All Clear Ltd, known as PHS Wastetech, for £2.5m.
The PHS Wastetech commercial waste business being acquired currently has a turnover of £25m and specialises in general dry waste services. The business is highly complementary to Biffa, supporting its strategy of growing its market share, enabling it to enhance services and realise profitable synergies.
PHS Wastetech currently provides a nationwide commercial waste management service across a 12,000 strong customer base which geographically complements Biffa’s strong operational platform. The acquisition brings with it 4 new operating locations for Biffa.
This acquisition comes quickly after the completion of the purchase of the Shanks solid waste business. This new acquisition will further enhance Biffa’s volumes and enable it to consolidate more waste into recycling and energy-from-waste facilities, leading to growth in its energy and processing operations. Biffa uses industry-leading technology and processes to ensure that as much waste as possible is diverted from landfill to recycling and energy recovery, reducing long-term costs for customers and improving environmental performance.
Biffa is the market leading industrial and commercial collection operator in the UK and has extensive capabilities in the sector, delivering an excellent level of service to customers across the country based on its long-term experience and high-quality infrastructure.
Ian Wakelin, CEO of Biffa, said: “Today’s acquisition is another step forward in our strategy to grow market share and enhance our leading industrial and commercial services. We will swiftly integrate PHS Wastetech into Biffa’s national infrastructure and excellent customer service platform, further strengthening our position as the UK’s leading integrated waste management company.”
The acquisition process is expected to be completed in late February/ early March - there will be no disruption to services during this period.
- End -
Further press information from:
Julie Fourcade, Fourcade Communications
Tel: 01903 741546 / 07958 736056
Andrew Honnor / Charlotte Balbirnie, Greenbrook Communications
Tel: +44 207 952 2000
Notes to editors:
- Biffa was founded in 1913 and is the UK's leading nationwide integrated waste management business that provides waste collection, treatment, recycling, energy from waste and recovery services. Biffa collects and processes 7.25 million tonnes of waste each year.
- Biffa is the UK's leading nationwide integrated waste management business that provides waste collection, treatment, recycling and recovery services.
- Biffa provides waste management services for both commercial and industrial (business) and municipal (household) waste.
- Biffa works with businesses to reduce their environmental impact and waste costs across the following sectors: Construction, Education, Financial Institutes, Health, Social and Community, Manufacturing, Office Recycling, Printing and Publishing, Public Sector, Transport and Storage, Utilities, Wholesale, Retail and Hotels and Restaurants.
- Biffa ensures as much business waste as possible is diverted from landfill to recycling and energy recovery - reducing long-term costs and improving environmental performance.
- Biffa develops long-term partnerships with clients, bringing them the benefits of in-depth expertise, wide ranging industry experience and leading edge technological resources.