Biffa working in partnership with West Sussex County Council to reduce the amount of non-recycled ‘black bag’ household rubbish West Sussex sends to landfill.
Welcome to Biffa West Sussex Ltd’s website about the flagship Mechanical Biological Treatment facility that has been built in the north of Horsham.
We have built this facility as part of a 25-year contract with West Sussex County Council to help reduce the amount of non-recycled ‘black bag’ household rubbish West Sussex sends to landfill.
The new facility will help manage the County’s black bag rubbish and turn as much of it as possible into a resource, using tried and tested Mechanical Biological Treatment technology.
We have created this website to provide information on how the facility will turn rubbish into a resource, on the construction works that were taking place on site and, in time, to provide information on our operations.
Mechanical Biological Treatment facility
- The MBT construction is now complete.
- The MBT cold commisioning (which means testing all the equipment without waste) is complete.
- The hot commissioning (which involves testing the equipment with waste going through) is now in progress.
- New staff have joined the Biffa team.
The three month look ahead includes:
- The MBT facility will undergo further commisioning.
In this photo - The crane booth which has a panoramic view of the reception area so that the crane operator can see clearly into the 10 metre deep reception pits.