Biffa working in partnership with West Sussex County Council to reduce the amount of non-recycled ‘black bag’ household rubbish West Sussex sends to landfill.
Welcome to Biffa West Sussex Ltd’s website about the flagship Mechanical Biological Treatment facility that we are building to the north of Horsham.
We are building this facility as part of a 25-year contract with West Sussex County Council to reduce the amount of non-recycled ‘black bag’ household rubbish West Sussex sends to landfill.
The new facility will manage the County’s black bag rubbish and turn as much of it as possible into a resource, using tried and tested Mechanical Biological Treatment technology.
We have created this website to provide information on how the facility will turn rubbish into a resource, on the construction works taking place on site and, in time, to provide information on our operations.
MBT Main Building construction progress
More update photos of progress on site can be found here
Latest Information - April 2013
- The MBT cold commisioning is in progress.
- All six Anaerobic Digestion (AD) tanks at the back of the main building are now built.
- All equipment has been installed in the main building of the MBT
- The crane grabs and the gas regulator have just been installed.
- New staff have joined the Biffa team.
The three month look ahead includes:
- The MBT facility will start to undergo the hot commisioning phase.
- Rainwater Harvesting tank filter and chamber works
- New staff are being trained
In this photo - Eggersmann equipment within the Main Pre-Treatment building