Uncontrolled spills of fluids, oils and chemicals can cause extensive environmental damage and lead to substantial fines. We don’t just provide the equipment you need for tackling emergency pollution incidents, we also offer training so that you know how to use your spill control kit correctly.
Spillage Training with us
We are accredited members of the British Safety Industry Federation (BSIF) and can provide essential training to ensure that your staff have the confidence and ability to safely plan and implement emergency spill control.
Our spillage training covers:
- Key legislation covering the storage, movement and control of liquids in the workplace
- Potential penalties for non-compliance
- Safe disposal of contaminated materials
- Businesses obligations to prevent possible spillages
- Types of sorbent and absorbent products available, their uses and their differences
- How to use drain and site maps to protect them
- Key actions to stop, contain, and clean up in the event of a spill
- The use of spill control products through a practical mock scenario
Find out more about spillage training
At Biffa, we’re experts in hazardous waste management, so we’re qualified to provide high-quality spill control training for your company. If you have any questions regarding spillage kit training, contact our team.
Make sure you remain compliant with the latest legislation and sign up to our spill control training today. Complete the short enquiry form and a member of the team will be in touch with you.