Waste management firm Biffa has confirmed that it’s secure waste recycling facility supported Channel 5 in the production of its latest series exposing Britain’s booming black market economy.
For broadcast later today, Thursday 10th July, at 8pm on Channel 5, BLACK MARKET BRITAIN – UNDERCOVER STING will show investigative journalist Paul Connelly go undercover to reveal a growing trade in knock-off designer clothes, medicines and dangerous booze.
During the programme, Paul confronts a senior figure in an operation producing huge amounts of illegal alcohol posing as a buyer for thousands of pounds worth of vodka which was then shipped to Biffa’s Secure Recycling facility for destruction.
Biffa’s SWaRF facility provides a dedicated in-house destruction facility designed to ensure that products will not re-enter the marketplace. The facility can handle both large and small volumes of a wide range of solid and liquid products from drinks, toiletries, cosmetics and food to electronic equipment, leisure goods, textiles, clothing and many more.
The service is tailored to the specific requirements of the product in order to ensure destruction and maximise recycling and a full audit trail and certification of destruction guarantee that the products have been destroyed completes each transaction.
– End –
Further press information from:
Julie Fourcade, Fourcade Communications
Tel: 01903 741546
Notes to editors:
- Biffa was founded in 1913 and is the UK’s leading nationwide integrated waste management business that provides waste collection, treatment, recycling, energy from waste and recovery services. Biffa collects and processes 7.25 million tonnes of waste each year.
- Biffa is the UK’s leading nationwide integrated waste management business that provides waste collection, treatment, recycling and recovery services.
- Biffa provides waste management services for both commercial and industrial (business) and municipal (household) waste.
- Biffa works with businesses to reduce their environmental impact and waste costs across the following sectors: Construction, Education, Financial Institutes, Health, Social and Community, Manufacturing, Office Recycling, Printing and Publishing, Public Sector, Transport and Storage, Utilities, Wholesale, Retail and Hotels and Restaurants.
- Biffa ensures as much business waste as possible is diverted from landfill to recycling and energy recovery – reducing long-term costs and improving environmental performance.
- Biffa develops long-term partnerships with clients, bringing them the benefits of in-depth expertise, wide ranging industry experience and leading edge technological resources.