Corporate ResponsibilityAs a company with a leading position in the waste and recycling industry, we have a responsibility to all of our stakeholders, including our employees, our customers, the public, and the communities in which we work, to serve, protect and engage. We, aim to be the best at what we do, acting responsibly at all times to ensure protection of the environment and to support social wellbeing.
Our Objectives:Being a responsible business means ensuring that we:
- Encourage open, ethical, honest and respectful communications with all our stakeholders
- Provide sustainable solutions and the highest standards of service to our customers
- Provide a safe working environment free from harm
- Engage and motivate our people, providing the opportunity to learn and grow supported through structured training programmes and development opportunities
- Support the local communities in which we operate
- Deliver on our commitments and comply with the law
- Minimise business risk
- Operate responsibly and ethically at all times with due respect for the environment and sustainability
- Develop and safeguard our reputation and brand
Managing Corporate Responsibility:Our position in the waste and resources chain means that we are integral to the supply of sustainable solutions for our customers and therefore, corporate responsibility is at the heart of our ethos and embedded in everything we do. We believe that by acting responsibly we will enhance our financial performance and create sustainable value for our shareholders. Our CR framework encompasses our people, health, safety & wellbeing, communities, the environment, our marketplace and relationships with our customers, suppliers and other parties and our commitment to business ethics and conduct. We set ourselves clear and measurable business objectives and targets annually as a business aligned to our 5 strategic pillars – Safety, Customers, Process, People and Profit.
We aim to lead the way in developing sustainable solutions for everyone we work with, to work with like-minded organisations with have similar aims and objectives and to educate and inform those that don’t. We aim to ensure that our people, customers and the communities we are part of, are made aware of the value that Biffa places on Corporate Responsibility through participation and consultation. Our philosophy is that it is not something extra but integral to the way we work.
To view a copy of our Corporate Responsibility statement please click on this link.
Gender Pay Gap Report:We have published our gender pay gap report which provides details and analysis on all areas of our business. To view the report please follow the link below:
To view a copy of our Gender Pay Gap Report statement please click on this link.