Bin bags are simple and easy solutions to storing both general and recyclable waste produced within your business.
Biffa’s bin bags come in the form of 100 litre polythene refuse sacks (85 litre for food waste), and are available in both translucent or grey options.
Our translucent refuse sacks are designed specifically for use with dry mixed recycled waste, where our grey bin bags are to be used only for general waste.
Our Biffa bin bags are only suitable for:
- General Waste
- Dry Mixed Recycling
- Food Waste
Both of our types of bin bags are designed to be used in tandem with our various available wheelie bins.
Our contamination policy helps you to identify the types of waste are allowed and also not allowed in each type of container.
This ensures that your waste does not become contaminated and your waste can be collected without contamination problems.
|Dry Mixed Recyclate|
- Paper – e.g. dry paper waste, newspapers, office paper and magazines
- Cardboard – e.g. corrugated cardboard, cereal boxes and card
- Metal cans – e.g. clean, empty drinks cans and food tins
- Plastic – e.g. packaging films, rinsed out milk bottles, empty drinks bottles & clean salad trays, rinsed out margarine tubs & microwaveable meal trays
N.B. Only clear sacks can be used
- Black bags (because our drivers cannot see if it is recyclable material in the bag)
- Waxed paper cups (takeaway cups from most high street coffee chains)
- Crisp packets and sweet wrappers
- Food and canteen waste
- Glass and ceramics
- Textiles or lengths of strapping
- Hard and rigid plastics (e.g. window frames, pipes, drums or other bulky non-compactable plastic items)
- Containers with any residue of food or hazardous material (e.g. paint tins or bleach bottles)
Food waste which may include only packaging in direct contact with the food. For loose food waste this may be a clear bag
No black bags. Only food waste
|General Waste for Trade Waste, Bag Collections & Front End Loaders|
Any waste electronic or electrical equipment, batteries, gas bottles, fluorescent tubes, paint tins, hazardous waste, animal-by-products, clinical, nappy or sanitary waste, kennel waste, liquids, timber, rubble, large pieces of metal or other bulky waste