In order to give you the best experience, our website uses cookies. By continuing, you accept that you are happy for us to use these cookies. To get more information on the cookies used on our website please read our Cookie Policy.

Manage Cookies

In order to give you the best experience, our website uses cookies. The information does not usually directly identify you, but it can give you a more personalised web experience.

You can choose not to allow some types of cookies. Click on the different categories to find out more and change your default settings. However, blocking some types of cookies may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer.

Mandatory cookies

These cookies are essential so that you can move around the website and use its features which cannot be switched off in our systems. They are set in response to actions made such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will not then work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.

These cookies are required

Performance cookies

These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site.



  • How do I change my address?

    You can change your name using Equiniti’s change of address form which is available to download. The completed form should be sent to Equiniti. Alternatively, you can write to Equiniti and advise them of your old and new addresses and, if possible, your Biffa plc shareholder reference number.

  • How do I change my name?

    You can change your address using Equiniti’s change of name form which is available to download. The completed form should be sent to Equiniti. You should attach a copy of your marriage certificate or your change of name deed, together with your share certificates and any uncashed dividend cheques in your old name, so that Equiniti can reissue them.

  • I’ve lost my Share Certificate, how do I obtain a duplicate?

    If you have lost your share certificate or it has been stolen, you should inform Equiniti immediately. You’ll need to tell them about any certificates you still hold so that they can identify which share certificate is missing. In most cases, you will need to pay an administration fee before you can be sent a new share certificate.

  • How do I transfer my shares?

    If you want to give or sell your shares directly to someone you know, you can transfer your holding using a stock transfer form which is available to download. Post the form to Equiniti with the relevant share certificate(s).

  • How do I buy and sell shares?

    Biffa plc has established a share dealing service for shareholders with Equiniti for the sale and purchase of shares in Biffa plc. To view more information on the service, please access Equiniti’s shareholder services at (for UK based shareholders only) or contact tel. 0845 603 7037

  • What is my total shareholding?

    You can determine the number of shares you hold by adding up all your currently valid share certificates, referring to your recent dividend tax voucher, or by contacting Equiniti.

  • Can I have my dividends paid directly into my bank account?

    Yes, it is possible with most bank or building society accounts in the UK and is sometimes referred to as a ‘dividend mandate’.

    Mandating your dividends is easy and has a number of advantages for you: firstly, the dividend will go into your account on the payment date – there is no chance of it being delayed in the post and you do not have to wait for a cheque to clear; secondly, the payment method is more secure than receiving a cheque through the post; and finally, tax information about the dividend is sent direct to you at your registered address.

    You can download the dividend mandate form from the Equiniti website.

  • I have lost my dividend cheque?

    If you have lost a cheque, have an out-of-date payment or have a query regarding a dividend payment, Equiniti’s Payment Reissues team can assist you with obtaining a replacement.

  • When are dividends paid?

    Please refer to our financial calendar for forthcoming dividend payments. These are normally twice a year.

  • How do I obtain a Duplicate Dividend Confirmation?

    A dividend confirmation is issued with the dividend cheque or if you have payment mandated to your registered address. If you have not received a dividend confirmation, please contact Equiniti.

  • I've received 2 sets of correspondence - what can I do?

    This is probably because Equiniti is holding two (or more) accounts for you on the share register arising from inconsistencies in your name and address details. You should notify them in writing confirming that the different registration details relate to one and the same person, quoting both account details, and they will amalgamate the holdings.

  • When is the Annual General Meeting?

    Please refer to our financial calendar section.

  • If I don’t attend the AGM, can I still vote?

    Option A:
    If you cannot go to the meeting, you can appoint someone else to go in your place as your ‘proxy’. To do this, you must complete the proxy form that is sent to you with your notice of meeting and send it back to Equiniti in advance of the meeting. You should note, however, that a proxy cannot vote on a show of hands, but, if a poll is taken on a resolution, your proxy can cast your vote for you. Also, a proxy is not usually able to speak on your behalf except to demand a poll.

    Option B:
    If you cannot appoint a proxy to attend the meeting in person, you can still send the proxy form back to Equiniti and, in the event of a poll on any resolution, the Chairman will cast your vote for you in line with the instructions you give on the form.

    Option C:
    Voting on resolutions can also be done electronically. If you already have an Equiniti Shareview portfolio, just log on to your portfolio and select ‘Company Meetings’ from the left-hand menu. Details of current meetings where you can send an instruction online will then be displayed and you can click on the highlighted text to confirm your instruction.
    If you do not have a Shareview portfolio and you wish to vote electronically, you can submit your votes through using the reference numbers on your proxy form.

  • What can I do if a shareholder has passed away?

    If you are administering an estate, you may need to transfer shares into the names of beneficiaries or sell the holding. The first step is to write to our registrar telling them what you are going to do. They will then place a temporary marker on the register to ensure that wherever possible, they do not issue further dividend payments or other correspondence in the shareholder’s name. They will also send you the forms that you will need to complete.

  • Where are the shares traded?

    Biffa plc shares are traded on the London Stock Exchange.

  • Boiler Room Scams

    Share Fraud Warning
    Share fraud includes scams where investors are called out of the blue and offered shares that often turn out to be worthless or non-existent, or an inflated price for shares they own. These calls come from fraudsters operating ‘boiler rooms’ that are mostly based abroad. While high profits are promised, those who buy or sell shares in this way usually lose their money. The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) has found most share fraud victims are experienced investors who lose an average of £20,000, with around £200m lost in the UK each year.

    Protect Yourself

    If you are offered unsolicited investment advice, discounted shares, a premium price for shares you own, or free company or research reports, you should take these steps before handing over any money:

    • Get the name of the person and organisation contacting you.
    • Check the FCA Register at the FCA website to ensure they are authorised.

Sign up to receive latest investor updates